2/06/2006

Remapping My Control Key

Bill Clementson's post titled Surviving Emacs - Part 4 inspired me to remap my keyboard. I suffer from Emacs Pinky frequently and I'm looking for a little relief. So, today I made it a point to remap my keyboard to move the control key to caps lock using KeyTweak.

I have to say, I'm not used to it yet and it's bugging me really badly. I have alot of muscle memory built up. I can definitely see how the smaller reach is desirable, but it hasn't made a difference to me yet. Probably because I keep reaching for where the control key used to be rather than where it is now!

I'm going to keep going with it for a week or two. I'll try to report back and let you know how my pinky is doing. (The shift key seems to still be wearing me out, though.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, its been 4 years and you never did let us know how your pinky is doing.

Tom Pierce said...

First - thanks for reading this blog which has fallen into disuse.

Second, my pinky is doing much better, thank you. I still remap the control key on every computer I own. I never went back.