3/16/2005

Learning to Drink Green Tea


I'm not a tea drinker. I like iced tea, but it has to be the instant kind with lemon and sugar added. So, I guess I am a tea drinker, but I'm not bon vivant.

My wife is leading the charge on getting healthy again. She's convinced me that I should drink green tea. Well, convince is a strong word - she said that it's good for me and I should try it. That's usually all I need.

This morning when I got to work, I brewed a cup of Lipton Green Tea. I steeped it for several minutes expecting it to get dark. It didn't. Confused, I tossed the tea bag and sipped.

I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. The aroma was tea like, but the taste was very mild. I found that I didn't even need sugar. I felt really proud of myself as I set there and drank my healthful elixir.

I decided to go check what WebMD had to say about green tea. WOW! Medical folks rave about this stuff, huh? I guess I'm the last on the planet to know. That seals it, I have to learn to drink green tea.

So far, so good. I'm actually thinking of having another cup. But, I'm going to have to get a little coffee kicker in between. It's going to take a bit to wean off the hard stuff.

No comments: